Never fear! - here's how to fix the conversion - it's not AutoDVRConvert at all that causes the problem, it's the LAME mp3 DirectShow encoder I linked to below.
Do the following from a command prompt, in the folder where you have all the files:
- regsvr32 /u lame_enc.ax
- delete lame_enc.ax
- download http://files.commo.de/lame_dshow397.zip ( the forum I found this link on is here: http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-104234.html )
- Use the new lame.ax file inside the zip
- Register it: regsvr32 lame.ax
- Open GraphEdt and re-make your filter chain using the new version of the Lame encoder (it shows up as 'Lame Audio Encoder' in the list - If you have Lame MPEG Layer III Audio Encoder its the *wrong* one)
- Save your graph as it's GRF file
- Select the new GRF file in AutoDVRConvert and save
- test it.
Worked for me 8-)